Verite' Patch for Rendition Ready 3D Accelerator
10 Jan '97
Version BETA 4
Changes since beta 3:
- Problems with EMM386: This led to crashes and
blank screens on startup (sometimes with sound still working). This is
- Exiting when running in a DOS box no longer crashes.
- Joystick support is enabled again. This version
of Tomb Raider continuously calibrates the joystick. If you are getting
strange movements in the menus or from Lara when you have your joystick
plugged in, move the 'stick to all its extents (as if you were calibrating
it). The problem should go away. You will only need to do this once, as
the settings are saved.
Also fixed by joystick support is the problem some were having not being
able to select anything in the menus.
- Defining user keys now works properly.
- Calling up the game controls window from within
the game no longer crashes.
- The screen sizing keys (F2 and F3) now work.
Please report any remaining problem to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject "Rendition Bug". Thank you for playing Tomb
Raider for Vérité!
- Lara Croft
Version BETA 3
Changes since BETA 2
- Faster and Better Mipmaps
Here it is! The second patch for the Rendition
chipset. Unzip the files to your game directory (by default its c:\tombraid)
and start in the normal manner. Before you begin however, there are some
things we need to note:
Changes since BETA1
- Shadow is fixed
- Polygons on the other side of the water surface
"warp" (subtle but cool)
- We might create a better (4x4) mipmap filter
- We'd like to work out better (also faster) mipmap selection
- Lara's shadow often disappears
- In Windows 95, the VTOMB DOS box stays open when you exit the game.
Just close it like any other window.
- Mipmapping is off by default (available by typing 'vtomb mipmap')
Any problems/bugs you find should be emailed to email@example.com,
include Rendition Bug in the subject or it won't get to the right people.
Vice President of Artifact Collection